MERRITT’S COVID-19 PROTOCOL
We are continuously working behind-the-scenes to prepare our buildings and staff for getting back to business. Our goal is to provide an environment where you and your employees feel comfortable returning to work, so we have developed procedures and securing supplies to minimize exposure and promote social distancing. Here are some of the things we’ve been working on for the common areas of our multi-story office buildings.
BUILDING DISINFECTION PROTOCOL
We have developed procedures and secured supplies to minimize exposure and promote social distancing. Here are some of the things we have done for the common areas of our multi-story office buildings:
- Nightly cleanings of common areas with EPA-approved, hospital-grade disinfectants, paying special attention to high-touch items like elevator buttons and interiors, stairwell railings, door handles and restrooms.
- Each multi-story office building has been assigned a day porter to conduct on-going disinfection of high-touch points in the common areas throughout the day.
- Signage has been installed to encourage social distancing and good hygiene procedures.
- Common areas and building fitness centers have been treated with VYTIS Shield, a barrier coating that uses multiple technologies to modify surfaces, preventing bacteria and other germs from living and remaining on surfaces for a year.
- Additional hand sanitizer stations have been installed throughout the building common areas.
- Nanoseptic® self-cleaning adhesives have been applied to door handles and elevator buttons.
PROTOCOL FOR CONFIRMED COVID-19 CASE IN BUILDING
Given the most recent information from the CDC, we have adjusted our building-cleaning protocol in the event of a confirmed COVID-19 case. If we are informed of a confirmed case where the employee has been in the building in the last 5 days, we will perform the following actions:
- Inform tenants of the confirmed case.
- Treat any common areas where that person has been with EPA-approved and CDC-recommended cleaning products. These cleaning products are also being used for routine cleaning of tenant suites.
- Where applicable, flush the building and bring in 100% outside air into the building. This will be done after hours as it impacts the HVAC of the building.
It is up to each specific employer to determine if they should/how to have their space cleaned after a confirmed case within the company. Here are some best practices as recommended by the CDC:
- Close off areas used by the person who is sick. Companies do not necessarily need to close operations, if they can close off affected areas.
- Clean and disinfect all areas used by the person who is sick.
- Once area has been appropriately disinfected, it can be opened for use. Workers without close contact with the person who is sick can return to work immediately after disinfection.
- If it has been more than 5 days since the person who is sick visited or used the facility, additional cleaning and disinfection is not necessary.
- Should you wish to contract a cleaning company to clean your space, please contact Merritt’s Customer Service department and we will be happy to put you in contact with a vendor who will be able to provide a proposal and scope of work for your specific request.
- Click here for more tips as outlined by the CDC.
MASKS IN COMMON AREAS
We are following all local mandates regarding wearing masks in common areas of our buildings. It is strongly recommended that anyone who has not been fully vaccinated continue to wear a mask while indoors. Each person has an individual responsibility to abide by all county-mandated guidelines. Merritt personnel do not have the authority to enforce these mandates. We ask everyone to be respectful of those who still wish to wear a mask while indoors, even if it is not regulated. We are still encouraging social distancing practices while in elevators, stairwells, lobbies, restrooms and fitness centers.
ADAPTING YOUR SPACE
At Merritt, we are here to help as you rethink your office layout or operational requirements for your space. Our experienced in-house design and project management team is currently offering FREE consulting assistance to our customers. We will listen to your concerns, help you visualize ways to reconfigure your workplace and provide you with layout options and other possible modifications. Click here to get more information about this program.
INDIVIDUAL SPACE MAINTENANCE
For those businesses that will remain closed or continue to have reduced operations, we are asking for your assistance in maintaining your space until you resume full operations. As a reminder, Merritt does not have access to most tenant spaces. Before you reopen and if you will remain closed, we ask that you check on your space to make sure everything is functioning correctly. Please walk the space and check for any leaks, malfunctioning equipment or anything out of the ordinary. Additionally, please make sure any food or drink is removed from refrigerators, drawers and/or storage.